Call it the cheapest tour in town. You can ride Citizen Area Transit (CAT)’s Route 107 from College and Horizon Drives in Henderson straight into the heart of downtown Las Vegas and back for only $2.50.
It’s a bittersweet outlook for December’s live music. On one hand, there’s some killer stuff (Nine Inch Nails, anyone? Bloc Party? Wu Tang?!) coming to Las Vegas, and on the other hand, a number of shows scheduled for Jillian’s are homeless, as the venue has officially closed. Some shows have been moved to the House of Blues, others to The Box Office (1129 Casino Center Blvd.), but some are just … up in the air. But the all-ages music scene in Vegas is not dead yet, as the Alley Theater is slated to return soon to the valley. Or, so says its MySpace page.
Double Down Saloon owner P. Moss is a riddle wrapped in mystery inside an enigma. We’ve heard all kinds of wild stories about him — among the most interesting: he wrote screenplays for several B-grade action and exploitation movies produced in the 1980s — but confirmed very few of them. What we can tell you, though: He doesn’t like to brag, but we happen to know he’s an excellent crime fiction writer, and one of the most brilliant bar managers on the planet. Further evidence of the latter can be found at the brand-new Frankie’s Tiki Room.
Amongst all the Election Day nonsense (oh, and topless shows, dance-punk concerts and Tiki bars), we almost forgot First Friday was coming up this week. I know, I know, “how could we?” Well, it’s not like the future of our country (and the free world?) is hanging in the balance today or anything, right? With [...]
Avoiding Election Day results in this age of information overload and constant connectivity isn’t an easy task. My plan was this: Avoid polling results until I got to the Nevada Democratic Party Election Night bash at the Rio All-Suites Hotel. I wanted to be surprised, I wanted to get caught up in the moment, I didn’t want to emotionally rise and fall throughout the hours leading up to the eventual declaration and concession.
- It’s not the ride, it’s the wait by TJ Tranchell
- Lisick and Jepsen bring Bay Area sketch comedy to Sin City by Jarret Keene
- Getting shipwrecked in Las Vegas at Frankie’s Tiki Room by Jarret Keene
- Neon Outlook: Las Vegas’ live music in December by Pj Perez
- Neon Review: ‘Day & Age’ by The Killers by Pj Perez
- Saosin: ‘No silent moments’ by TJ Tranchell
- CineVegas announces 2009 dates, gets Shorts-sighted by Pj Perez
- Tool singer Keenan brings wrathful grapes to suburbia by Pj Perez
- Drinking with the Dems on Election Night in Las Vegas by Pj Perez
- Neon Outlook: November’s First Friday and more art beyond by Pj Perez
- Neon Outlook: Halloween 2008 in Las Vegas, Part Two by Pj Perez
- Lyrics Born postpones Vegas concert by Pj Perez
- Hot in herre: Behind the scenes of Nelly’s ‘Body on Me’ video shoot by Pj Perez
- Another night Freakin’ the Frog with your Ex by Pj Perez
- Good deals for all types of music lovers at House of Blues this week by Pj Perez